Hello. Reintroducing myself. Again šŸ˜

BMW i3 Forum

Help Support BMW i3 Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

nickp

So after owning a 15 Rex, here I am. Back with a 16 Rex. Bought it fully loaded with 57k miles and a battery capacity showing 16.8. Not too bad.
I'm a bit concerned with the motor mounts. Some say the 16 came with metal and some disagree. I need to get it checked out.

Whenever I see the lighter colored, brighter, early Giga upholstery, I wonder why BMW darkened the Giga upholstery in LCI i3's and upholstered the door and center armrests with cream-colored leather that shows dirt more easily and that doesn't match the seat leather. I've required Giga World trim in all 3 of our i3's because of its bright, stylish appearance, but I'm not such a fan of the LCI Giga upholstery.

Whenever I see the lighter colored, brighter, early Giga upholstery, I wonder why BMW darkened the Giga upholstery in LCI i3's and upholstered the door and center armrests with cream-colored leather that shows dirt more easily and that doesn't match the seat leather. I've required Giga World trim in all 3 of our i3's because of its bright, stylish appearance, but I'm not such a fan of the LCI Giga upholstery.
I've never seen that combo. Could you please share a picture? Thanks.

I've never seen that combo. Could you please share a picture? Thanks.
The first photo is of the lighter pre-LCI Giga (Lodge) interior with eucalyptus dashboard trim while the second is the darker LCI version with dark oak dashboard trim.

Attachments

• tempImageR1EGry.png
    tempImageR1EGry.png
    1.5 MB · Views: 1
  • tempImageVxqmy6.png
    tempImageVxqmy6.png
    1.5 MB · Views: 1
The first photo is of the lighter pre-LCI Giga (Lodge) interior with eucalyptus dashboard trim while the second is the darker LCI version with dark oak dashboard trim.
Thanks. I had never seen that color combo before.

You can access the motor compartment just by lifting out the cargo floor in the trunk and removing the screws on the cover beneath.
Thanks to you and @alohart who was very kind to answer my messages patiently. I checked under the hood and confirmed all metal mounts. Totally relieved.

Back