Blink 5 Times?

BMW i3 Forum

Help Support BMW i3 Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Jac

So I coded the 5 blinks when you tap the switch, I have a 2017. But then I accidentally touched the checkbox in iDrive, and now it only does 3

How do I get it back. I VO coded HU_NBT and BDC, then restored from backup, that didn't work.

Last edited:
So I coded the 5 blinks when you tap the switch, I have a 2017. But then I accidentally touched the checkbox in iDrive, and now it only does 3

How do I get it back. I VO coded HU_NBT and BDC, then restored from backup, that didn't work.
I made this same mistake on our 2014 i3. I think I merely coded it again to restore the 5 blinks.

This might not work on your 2017 i3, but on our 2019 and 2021 i3's, I added the 5 blink choice to the iDrive menu and can now select 1, 3, or 5 blinks.

In the Head Unit in BimmerCode expert mode:

Pull down on the screen to expose the search field at the top of the screen. Search for "tip". Select "5_FACH_TIPPBLINKEN" and set it to active. Save your changes.

I made this same mistake on our 2014 i3. I think I merely coded it again to restore the 5 blinks.

This might not work on your 2017 i3, but on our 2019 and 2021 i3's, I added the 5 blink choice to the iDrive menu and can now select 1, 3, or 5 blinks.

In the Head Unit in BimmerCode expert mode:

Pull down on the screen to expose the search field at the top of the screen. Search for "tip". Select "5_FACH_TIPPBLINKEN" and set it to active. Save your changes.
So what ended up working for me was resetting the iDrive Profile. I'll have to see if I have that option.

Back