Glass laser etched key ring: Have they ever done it for the i3?

BMW i3 Forum

Help Support BMW i3 Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
This key ring was given to me by the salesman when I bought my MINI Cooper S in 2004. I gave it to the new owner, but I wonder if anyone has seen anything like it for the BMW i3.

View attachment 1314
Should I see a picture there -- my browser is just complaining about supported MIME types and that just makes me more curious of what I'm missing. I better go take my FOMO pill and then play with ad blockers and stuff.

Should I see a picture there -- my browser is just complaining about supported MIME types and that just makes me more curious of what I'm missing. I better go take my FOMO pill and then play with ad blockers and stuff.
I saw an indication of a 0:18 video, but it couldn't be played. Please pass the FOMO pills.

Hum, the file is a .mov clip 18 seconds long uploaded via the "Upload Video" button at the bottom of the create/reply message space, and the forum software accepted it?

I will add this still frame to the original, but I have no idea why none of you can see the clipScreenshot 2024-08-24 at 9.42.59 AM.png

Hum, the file is a .mov clip 18 seconds long uploaded via the "Upload Video" button at the bottom of the create/reply message space, and the forum software accepted it?

I will add this still frame to the original, but I have no idea why none of you can see the clipView attachment 1321
I've uploaded plain old pictures that the forum accepted but which did not display as expected. eNate caught the issue and resized them (smaller of course) which made the problem go away, so I think it's safe to say that the forum software can receive media without flagging an incompatibility but which it cannot properly handle. I guess "not working" is kind of an error message, in the vein of the old Unix Car joke.

Anyway, it looks like there are companies on the interwebs that can do that custom etching of your own images into a crystalish substance of various shapes. One that I just looked at said they could use .stl or .obj 3d files as well as their usual 3d-ifying of regular photos. Now we just need a suitably cool-looking i3 model.

Anyway, it looks like there are companies on the interwebs that can do that custom etching of your own images into a crystalish substance of various shapes. One that I just looked at said they could use .stl or .obj 3d files as well as their usual 3d-ifying of regular photos. Now we just need a suitably cool-looking i3 model.
Maybe you can make this a group buy for mybmwi3 members? If that is feasible of course.

Back