Unable to set radio stations, tune radio manually, or delete previous owner's stations

BMW i3 Forum

Help Support BMW i3 Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
And if you have a REX, the all important "Hold State of Charge."
For reasons unknown, it seems like almost everyone coincidentally programs this to button #8.
Now I'm really intrigued. I've been wishing I could figure out how to tell the car to run on the range extender immediately (instead of depleting the battery first before it switches over) since the day I got the car. Any chance you could outline the steps to this process? I'd like to be able to use Preset #1 to activate it.

Now I'm really intrigued. I've been wishing I could figure out how to tell the car to run on the range extender immediately (instead of depleting the battery first before it switches over) since the day I got the car. Any chance you could outline the steps to this process? I'd like to be able to use Preset #1 to activate it.
This would involve you buying (or borrowing) hardware and software and performing a procedure considerably more involved than setting the dashboard buttons. It might be a good idea for you to get some on-site help for this project to avoid frustration. There are youtube videos you can search for showing owners "coding" their BMWs if you'd like an idea of what you'd be in for . . .

This would involve you buying (or borrowing) hardware and software and performing a procedure considerably more involved than setting the dashboard buttons. It might be a good idea for you to get some on-site help for this project to avoid frustration. There are youtube videos you can search for showing owners "coding" their BMWs if you'd like an idea of what you'd be in for . . .
I appreciate the info. I downloaded the BimmerCode app to my phone, and I plan to go out and buy an OBD adaptor today. Then I'll check out YouTube and see what there is to see. Thanks!

It's relatively easy. Follow the instructions about airplane mode. Don't freak out when you get resetting errors -- they will clear.

Wow, great stuff. I'll follow all the advice and look forward to using my range extender without having to run the battery down to zero first.

Latest posts

Back