Tesla Allowing CCS Charging at Superchargers!

BMW i3 Forum

Help Support BMW i3 Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I emailed Lectron and asked whether their Tesla Supercharger adapter would work on my i3. They said yes so I ordered one. I had it about 2 days when they recalled it. I now have the replacement, but I haven't tried it. (It's actually worse than that - I've never used a public charger at all, just the Cripple Creek L2 in my garage.) Has anyone tried a Tesla Supercharger with the Lectron adapter?

Forgot - I believe that BMW is now a member of Tesla's NACS. Anyone?
No. And when they DO end up using NACS it will most likely ONLY be for new vehicles moving forward, not retroactively as it involves software update.
Your Lectron Adapter will NOT work at ANY SuperCharger. Period. We can only use SuperChargers with Tesla's "Magic Dock" installed, which at this time is very, very few.

Well, to be fair it ought to work today on a Ford or a Rivian.

I don't expect our i3's will require a software update once Tesla opens Superchargers to the greater EV masses. v3 Superchargers speak native CCS. Ought to be no different than any other CCS DCFC, except for the adapter.

They just need to open app control on the V3 and V4 superchargers like they have at the magic dock locations. This will solve all our problems. I bet it is all a money thing with licensing out the NACS connector, and why it is still locked down.

I mean a credit card reader at the dispenser. Kinda like how gas stations work. Or at least used to work the last time I got gas, which was about a month ago.
The Tesla App already works with their “Magicdock” Superchargers. Charged my i3 on it a long time ago to try it out and it worked fine (although it only ever hit slightly more than 30kW - maybe because it was a very cold day). So: really just need to allow the software use on all Superchargers and I could use my A2Z adapter.

Back