Hard drive with all of my music

BMW i3 Forum

Help Support BMW i3 Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

chucki3

I put a lot of music on my iPhone and selected Apple Car Play on the i3. It automatically plays via Bluetooth when I start the car.
But I want all 85 gigabytes of my music to be available in the i3.
-What solid-state hard drive (SSHD) do I get? It would plug into the USB port in the car for power in and signal out.
-I believe this SSHD can be storage only, as Apple Car Play is the operating system / software that processes all those bits. Is that correct?
I went to a local BMW dealer and their 'digital' consultant was worthless. Now it's time for the group brain right here!

I live in Los Angeles.

Thank you.

Is there Nobody who has a lot of digital music that they listen to instead of radio?
This should be a simple answer but I have not found it at any auto or audio store.
Grateful Dead at Cornell on 5/8/77 is great, but I want ALL of my Dead shows in my car!

Is there Nobody who has a lot of digital music that they listen to instead of radio?
This should be a simple answer but I have not found it at any auto or audio store.
Grateful Dead at Cornell on 5/8/77 is great, but I want ALL of my Dead shows in my car!
I like to listen to my own music in the car, but I've never used any Apple app stuff which is what I thought you were asking about. I've got the HK sound system and I just copy the files to the on-board HDD off any old USB drive whenever I think of something else to add.

Back