What is the latest software version?

BMW i3 Forum

Help Support BMW i3 Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

larrykalenda

Supporting Member
What is the latest software version? My car has MB-007.047.001

My 2020 i3 telling me that it is time to visit BMW for service. The services required are: Vehicle Check, Brake Fluid and Engine Oil. With 27K miles on the car I am not worried about the vehicle check. I already do my own oil changes. Brake fluid I have a good mechanic to do it.

I don't want to take it to BMW and have them "upgrade my software version" and wipe the TJA coding.

The service department generally won't update the software unless there's a significant enough issue you're complaining about or something recall-oriented to justify it. Software updates are time-intensive and hog up the service bay.

Many times the question presented is "what can I say / do / complain about to the dealership to cause them to update my software?"

What is the latest software version? My car has MB-007.047.001
That's the media software version, not the integration level (system software version). MB-007.047.001 is the media version on our 2021 U.S. i3 whose integration level is I001-22-11-550 (November, 2022). That's not the original integration level, so the previous owner must have had the system software updated.

The media and phone software seem to be updated when the system software is updated by a dealer. Media and phone software could be downloaded from the BMW USA Website and installed by an owner if a new version is available.

Simplest is to plug in a USB drive, save a user profile to it, then plug that USB drive into a PC and read the version no. from the file that was created.

That's the media software version, not the integration level (system software version). MB-007.047.001 is the media version on our 2021 U.S. i3 whose integration level is I001-22-11-550 (November, 2022). That's not the original integration level, so the previous owner must have had the system software updated.

The media and phone software seem to be updated when the system software is updated by a dealer. Media and phone software could be downloaded from the BMW USA Website and installed by an owner if a new version is available.
Art with 2021 i3S BEV, is there anything on offer via coding that you consider worthwhile? I can see on a rex changing the 6% thing makes sense

oh BTW my Car arrived last night

Attachments

• IMG_0631.jpeg
    IMG_0631.jpeg
    3.5 MB · Views: 0
Art with 2021 i3S BEV, is there anything on offer via coding that you consider worthwhile? I can see on a rex changing the 6% thing makes sense

oh BTW my Car arrived last night
Congratulations! Its interior looks identical to our 2021 i3 except for your H/K entertainment system.

There are several warning screens, seat belt warnings, and other irritators that I have eliminated:

ACSM (Advanced Crash Safety Module)
Initial seat belt reminder after start: set to not active
Seat belt reminder driver seat: set to not active
Seat belt reminder passenger seat: set to not active
Seat belt indicator driver seat: set to not active
Seat belt indicator passenger seat: set to not active

I don't want the climate control system to always start up in AUTO mode when starting our i3 and I want air recirculation to always be on. Over the model years, some of the factory defaults have changed, so maybe some of my changes are now defaults:

IHKA (Air Conditioning Module)
Air conditioning on in AUTO mode: set to not active
Air conditioning setting memory: set to active
Air circulation setting memory: set to active
Automatic air recirculation: set to not active

I have very specific desires for the behavior of side view mirror folding/unfolding and always want to start in Eco Pro driving mode:

BDC (Body Domain Controller)

Convenient opening: set to not active
Convenient closing delay: set to No Delay
Default driving mode: set to Eco Pro
Door handle lights when reverse gear is engaged: set to active
Hazard warning signal after emergency braking: set to active
Mirror unfolding speed threshold: set to 5 kph

Expert Mode:
Change behavior of key fob long press of button 3
30D0->RC_DEFAULT_IDG_3RD_BUTTON_LONG: set to Wert_05 (Open frunk)

I wanted to add tire temperature to the tire inflation pressure display, wanted to enable AM radio, wanted to add a key fob button menu to iDrive, and wanted to add a blinker blink count menu to iDrive which includes 5 blinks:

HU_NBT (Head Unit)

Tire pressure control: set to active
Legal disclaimers: set to not active

Expert mode:
Enable AM radio
3002->RADIO_BAND_MW: set to active
Add remote buttons 3 and 4 menu to iDrive (button 3 can open frunk)
3000-> KEY_CONF_*: set all to active
3000-> KEY_CONF_TAILGATE_SMALL_NAME: set to frontgate (03)
3000-> KEY_CONF_TAILGATE_NAME: set to frontgate
Add 1, 3, or 5 blink count menu to iDrive
Search for "tip". Select "5_FACH_TIPPBLINKEN": set it to active

I wanted the default ACC following distance to be the smallest:

SAS (Optional Extra System)

Set ACC following distance upon startup: set to Level 1

PDC (Park Distance Control)

Activate PDC when rolling backward: set to active
Rear view camera speed switch off threshold: set to 10 km/h
Rear view camera distance switch off threshold: set to 5 m

Th
Congratulations! Its interior looks identical to our 2021 i3 except for your H/K entertainment system.

There are several warning screens, seat belt warnings, and other irritators that I have eliminated:

I don't want the climate control system to always start up in AUTO mode when starting our i3 and I want air recirculation to always be on. Over the model years, some of the factory defaults have changed, so maybe some of my changes are now defaults:

I have very specific desires for the behavior of side view mirror folding/unfolding and always want to start in Eco Pro driving mode:

Expert Mode:

I wanted to add tire temperature to the tire inflation pressure display, wanted to enable AM radio, wanted to add a key fob button menu to iDrive, and wanted to add a blinker blink count menu to iDrive which includes 5 blinks:

HU_NBT (Head Unit)

Expert mode:
Enable AM radio

Wow, that is quite a list! Many thanks I knew I asked the right man🧐.
Is all of that accomplished with the Bimmerlink app and the IDDB2 plug?

Wow, that is quite a list! Many thanks I knew I asked the right man🧐.
Is all of that accomplished with the Bimmerlink app and the IDDB2 plug?
Every i3 owner has different "irritations" that might be eliminated by coding. My goal is to enter our i3, enter drive ready state, and drive without having to dismiss warning screens, endure seat belt warning sounds and lights (I always buckle up anyway), without having to change the drive mode, without having to change the climate control settings, etc. My current irritant is the pedestrian warning sound which is fine in parking garages and lots but pretty unnecessary when driving on roads without pedestrians.

BimmerCode, not BimmerLink is what you want to make such changes. BimmerLink scans for diagnostic trouble codes (DTC's), can delete many of them, and can register a replacement battery, so it has value as well. You would also need an OBD to WiFi or Bluetooth adapter.

Expert Mode:

HU_NBT (Head Unit)

Expert mode:
Enable AM radio

Well, my type two Wall box was commissioned yesterday, but my car was fully charged, so I could not test it while the electrician was here. So, I took it for a delightful spin through the scenic back roads of mid-coast Maine.
I got home with the battery at about the 2/3 point and went to plug in my i3s. The BMW wall box was showing blue around its holster. I open the car's flap with its socket in white and plugin, and it stays white on the display in the car. The plug icon also stays white after a while. The light around the socket on the car goes out, and the car reports that it is not plugged in. Tried a few things like plugging it in over and over, changing the charge rate in the car from 220 type 2 max to a lower setting
Before I get out the little 110-volt charger, which works okay, is there anything else to look at or try before I call the electrician back on Monday? I have the plug handle dropped over the cable to give a bit more space to squeeze past when the garage door is down
IMG_0644.jpeg

Before I get out the little 110-volt charger, which works okay, is there anything else to look at or try before I call the electrician back on Monday?
There are 5 dip switches inside the Wallbox. Dip switches 3-5 set the maximum current that the Wallbox would vend based on the capacity of yourcharging circuit. If these were all set to 0, the maximum charging current would be 0A which is what you're experiencing. Probably not the likely problem but something that you could check before calling your electrician.

Simplest is to plug in a USB drive, save a user profile to it, then plug that USB drive into a PC and read the version no. from the file that was created.
I finally found a USB drive (took the music stick from wife's car) and downloaded the profile. Here is what it has
<i-step>I001-22-11-550</i-step>

Just purchased an Euro i3-120Ah Bev.
Its integration level is 1001-19-11-530. I read in above posts that there were further updates.
Which was the latest? 22-11-550?
Thanks
Edit. Someone has referred me to 23-07-530 (July 2023). Any newer release?

Last edited:
That was my first question on this thread and no one answered. I was assuming that someone knew and would share the information. I went online to BMW and ran my VIN for software updates and the response was that my car is up to date - not exactly those words. I have had frustrating experiences with myBMW so I am not sure if this is accurate.

I001-24-07- was just released, not sure what changed since I’m still on I001-24-03.

My previous version was 22-11 and the only things updated were the headunit (programming and coding) and the LIM (coding only). It makes sense the headunit would get updated frequently since Idrive 6 is used in many BMW’s. It would be interesting to see what coding changes were made in the LIM.

There are 5 dip switches inside the Wallbox. Dip switches 3-5 set the maximum current that the Wallbox would vend based on the capacity of yourcharging circuit. If these were all set to 0, the maximum charging current would be 0A which is what you're experiencing. Probably not the likely problem but something that you could check before calling your electrician.
Art it was exactly that, there was not that extra page in with the wall box,
Now everything is fine. Took a bit less than four hours to go from 48% to full. How many pages like that did you squirrel away before access to the maintenance info was cut off for those that did not pay the $6000 subscription fee?😜🧐

Art it was exactly that, there was not that extra page in with the wall box,
Now everything is fine.
Wow! Glad to learn that my wild-ass guess solved your problem.
How many pages like that did you squirrel away before access to the maintenance info was cut off for those that did not pay the $6000 subscription fee?😜🧐
Fortunately, a pretty quick search for "BMW Wallbox" returned a hit that included the installation instructions, apparently including a page that wasn't always included in the written instructions. Sometimes there are ways to avoid paying the subscription fee to get the info one needs.

Back