question about megaworld and smart access key.

BMW i3 Forum

Help Support BMW i3 Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

divinefavor

megaworld trim doesn't seem to include 'smart access' key. what am i going to miss here? does this mean that i have to push a button to unlock the car and put the car key in to start the engine? or is it something else..?

Not sure about the ‘smart access’ but I assume you are referring to what’s called ‘comfort access’ in the UK (always good to have your location shown so we know where you are). Comfort access is an extra here but I have had it in my last 2 BMWs and have it ordered with my I3. It allows locking, unlocking and starting the car with out taking the keys out of your pocket or bag. Works as long as the key is fairly close to you.

i think i meant comfort access key. according to http://www.motortrend.com/cars/2014/bmw/i3/base_hatchback/324/packages_options/

megaworld doesn't have this. i wonder if this means that megaworld doesn't come with a push start button.
i am very close to making a deposit for a megaworld i3, possibly tomorrow. hmmm.

divinefavor said:
i think i meant comfort access key. according to http://www.motortrend.com/cars/2014/bmw/i3/base_hatchback/324/packages_options/

megaworld doesn't have this. i wonder if this means that megaworld doesn't come with a push start button.
i am very close to making a deposit for a megaworld i3, possibly tomorrow. hmmm.

Danish Spec:
keyless entry to the vehicle (drivers door, front passengers door and boot lid)
-6 aerials
-2 capacitive proximity sensors
-sensor marking front door handles
-bonnet release switch at bottom of A pillar, illuminated, pictogram
-boot lid release, illuminated, pictogram

If you have had it ones you will really miss it..

From that link I can see that it is probably the ‘comfort access’ option in the UK. For us there is just the base BEV or REX and then we mostly just add on the extras that we want.

Our car has the standard key for the UK market. It has four buttons and a metal key which slides out for emergency use if the battery dies. Three of the buttons are dedicated to lock, unlock and front locker/bonnet/hood release; the fourth has a diamond symbol on it and is allegedly programmable. The diamond marked one opens the tailgate on ours as it came, and I don't expect us to attempt to change that.

In practice you approach the car with the key, press to unlock driver's door, press again to unlock passenger door, get in, and from then on it's a proximity RFID key. BMW have moulded a little socket into the front cupholder where you can stow the key, or you can keep it about your person. It works fine and I'd not pay for anything more. You can also lock and unlock the car remotely with the BMW iPhone or Android app.

Chris - I guess because I have had comfort access on my last 2 BMWs I have just come to like the convenience of not bothering to get a key out. It also means that as I have the elec seats that the seat moves to the correct position for the driver as you open the car door.

ChrisRayner said:
Our car has the standard key for the UK market. It has four buttons and a metal key which slides out for emergency use if the battery dies. Three of the buttons are dedicated to lock, unlock and front locker/bonnet/hood release; the fourth has a diamond symbol on it and is allegedly programmable. The diamond marked one opens the tailgate on ours as it came, and I don't expect us to attempt to change that.

In practice you approach the car with the key, press to unlock driver's door, press again to unlock passenger door, get in, and from then on it's a proximity RFID key. BMW have moulded a little socket into the front cupholder where you can stow the key, or you can keep it about your person. It works fine and I'd not pay for anything more. You can also lock and unlock the car remotely with the BMW iPhone or Android app.

You can also set the car so that a single press unlocks both sides if you want.

Bill

Back