myBMW App Works, But Not Showing Charge / Charging Status...

BMW i3 Forum

Help Support BMW i3 Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Is there a subscription payment that will make it work better? Mine will not start climate control, nor will it provide charging status.
If your Connected Drive subscription has failed, renewing your subscription should make the My BMW app work fully. When my subscription lapsed, the My BMW app could not monitor our i3, so the charge level or charging status weren't displayed. However, even without a subscription, the My BMW app was able to control our i3 such as sending a navigation destination to our i3, locking/unlocking the doors, etc. However, I didn't try to precondition or modify climate control settings.

Yes there is (see above messages) - status, state of charge, etc. are not available without the $120 annual subscription (this is US, other countries vary slightly, if I remember correctly) … But: Currently there seem to be back-end issues, as I can’t see status nor charging, and it is showing a location from last weekend. So, probably wait a bit and see whether things are back to “normal” tomorrow.

Maybe we are finally getting Tesla Supercharger access? - Yeah, well, one can dream?

I just posted what the issue apparently is. The service is down due to the Hurricane in the SE
Hi sorry I'm based in the UK so haven't experienced the problems you guys are having with the weather in the US, I can do all the remote stuff ', the app shows me where the car is etc , But doesnt update SOC and also I can't set the departure time for pre conditioning, anyone else had this and found a solution yet?

Hi sorry I'm based in the UK so haven't experienced the problems you guys are having with the weather in the US, I can do all the remote stuff ', the app shows me where the car is etc , But doesnt update SOC and also I can't set the departure time for pre conditioning, anyone else had this and found a solution yet?
It’s all back up and working now here (in the US). Are you subscribed to the remote services with BMW, as that might cause your issue (not having renewed your subscription)?

I had the same thing a few days ago and fixed it by simply rebooting my phone. Worth a try if you hadn't already done it. I did wonder if it was some knock-on effect from the troubles in the US.

Back