Just got 2017 REx Giga 94Ah in Protonic Blue!

BMW i3 Forum

Help Support BMW i3 Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Jac

Just got this car a week ago from florida. I love it so much. Looks like range is about 80-100 miles according to the indicator, which is great! I've been coding it, added TJA as well.

Attachments

• PXL_20240808_194416270.jpg
    PXL_20240808_194416270.jpg
    3.1 MB · Views: 0
😍 Protonic Blue 😍

My 2017 was gray. I negotiated with that dealer for about 3 weeks before I got my price. Even though I drive away feeling victorious, I was genuinely irked the day after purchase when they put up an exactly identical i3 – same options, same asking price, and nearly equivalent mileage – but in Protonic Blue. I mean, who knows if I could have gotten the same deal, maybe nobody wanted my car because it was gray, but dang it!

Hi, Jac. I too just got a '17 Protonic Blue ReX in March. I really wanted that color and was pleased to find Bitsy Blue. Ironically, I'm in Florida and had her shipped from New Orleans. She had only 25k miles, is in excellent condition, and I was able to connect with the previous owner via the Forum. If I charge to 100% (I usually only go to 80%), I can get her close to 120 miles. I use EcoPro most of the time. Even in the Florida heat, the A/C performs fine on that setting. Congratulations!

4-14-24 Portrait.jpg

Beautiful! I love the blue so much. I've decided to name my girl Peanut Hamper! It's from Star Trek: Lower Decks.

I use EcoPro most of the time. Even in the Florida heat, the A/C performs fine on that setting.
In the Eco Pro section of iDrive, there's a setting that allows one to specify full climate control power just like in Comfort mode. I find that in Eco Pro with its reduced climate control power, there are times when I would like full power, so I have chosen full climate control power in iDrive.

Back