iPhone loss of contacts - any one else?

BMW i3 Forum

Help Support BMW i3 Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

wokhei

Have had REX for a week now - absolutely brilliant - 250 miles on electric and no problems up till today.

Had iPhone attached by USB cable to charge. Switched car on and & off a couple of times. When I got home, found that all my contacts had been wiped. Not amused but hey-ho, small problem in context of amazing car.

Anyone else experienced the problem?

wokhei said:
Have had REX for a week now - absolutely brilliant - 250 miles on electric and no problems up till today.

Had iPhone attached by USB cable to charge. Switched car on and & off a couple of times. When I got home, found that all my contacts had been wiped. Not amused but hey-ho, small problem in context of amazing car.

Anyone else experienced the problem?

There is no apparent reason for your iPhone contacts to be erased after being connected to the car. The only explanation I can think of is that you maybe tried to set up your email account in the ConnectedDrive menu and inadvertently forced a synchronisation between your gmail contacts and the empty contact list in the car.
If this is the case, you should be able to recover all your contacts using the gmail web interface.

Thanks for that suggestion. However, don't think I've got as far as the Connected drive menu yet, and I didn't even know you could email.

The car did originally pick up phone contacts from the phone to display via bluetooth, but when this happened, the phone was connected via a USB cable to play music from the phone. I did switch the car on and off a couple of times from the main Start/Stop button whilst it was connected, so wonder if that had something to do with it.

Now only connect phone via bluetooth and use USB stick for music.

Back