Car status in app is not updated since 24-5

BMW i3 Forum

Help Support BMW i3 Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Hmm. .

My connect drive not updated since 5 Aug. I use the car every day for commuting and evening trips... its worked great up to now hmph. .

There is a solution:

1st try to co into the Connecteddrive menu and press options. Try to reset or resend obgion (dont know the name in English).

If that doesn't work you have to reset the telematics communication. 2 things you can do:

1: Go to a place (subterrainian garage) where your car definitley has no Gsm network. You get a symbol on the navi screen if it is so. Keep ghere for at least 15min. Try to send something to the car via the app (horn or lock, or climate). Then it should be resetted.

2: if you do not have the chance to go to a place without network coverage try to use the breadown service in the connected drive menu. After the car calls the service tell them to reset your telematic communication box (where the simcard is). If he know what do do you get the advice to use the handbrake and then there appears a new option in the menu. Click it and there will be a reset of this telematic thing.
It worked today at my i3 but I had to tell them what they have to do. But it worked fine!

Hope with my English I can help you! Greetz from Austria

Neil,
I may have had the same, when my KLE was replaced Charging points and various bits of Connected Drive were missing. Dealer did another software update (today) and lo and behold all came back again. My dealer did the update in about 2 hrs, possibly because I was the first car they had handed over and the first problem they had. I got the impression that they just ran the whole update process complete with the details of purchased options and it added whatever was missing. May be worth talking to them.

DeJay58 said:
There is a solution:

1st try to co into the Connecteddrive menu and press options. Try to reset or resend obgion (dont know the name in English).

If that doesn't work you have to reset the telematics communication. 2 things you can do:

1: Go to a place (subterrainian garage) where your car definitley has no Gsm network. You get a symbol on the navi screen if it is so. Keep ghere for at least 15min. Try to send something to the car via the app (horn or lock, or climate). Then it should be resetted.

2: if you do not have the chance to go to a place without network coverage try to use the breadown service in the connected drive menu. After the car calls the service tell them to reset your telematic communication box (where the simcard is). If he know what do do you get the advice to use the handbrake and then there appears a new option in the menu. Click it and there will be a reset of this telematic thing.
It worked today at my i3 but I had to tell them what they have to do. But it worked fine!

Hope with my English I can help you! Greetz from Austria

Hi dejay. . Thank you for this. .. i will try tomorrow I think I know where I can find a no signal spot. ..

philcro said:
Neil,
I may have had the same, when my KLE was replaced Charging points and various bits of Connected Drive were missing. Dealer did another software update (today) and lo and behold all came back again. My dealer did the update in about 2 hrs, possibly because I was the first car they had handed over and the first problem they had. I got the impression that they just ran the whole update process complete with the details of purchased options and it added whatever was missing. May be worth talking to them.

Hmm I week try the dejay suggestions then have a word with bmw. I recently had a new KLE but it has been working fine for about 1 week since. .. thankyou for your help. .

Back