BMW has $1,000 reasons to say “Thank you”

BMW i3 Forum

Help Support BMW i3 Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

vdi3

Hello everyone, I order an i3 in May 24 this year and recently got this email from BMW below. Do anyone know if I will qualify for the $1000 or since I order the car already and it is on the vessel I am out of luck?

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Dear,
Remember when you attended the Drive the Future Now: The All-Electric BMW i3 Event? We do too. Now that you've had time to explore the benefits of electric vehicles, the BMW i3 is clearly the future of mobility. With that, we would like to thank you for attending and make your choice even easier by extending you a $1,000 incentive off your next lease or purchase of the all-new i3.*

Your OL code: xxxxxxxxxxxxx
Although the event is over, you may still have questions. With that in mind, we’d like to let you know about the BMW i Concierge program. The BMW i Concierge team is dedicated and highly trained to answer any and all questions about the brand and its vehicles. To speak with a BMW i Concierge, please see the information below:

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I got it at 2:45 PM Central time. The code I xxxxx it out as it look like per customer or something.

Zzzoom3 said:
I'm waiting for mine as well. What's the code? Was it specific to you?

I got this email and when I inquired about it was told it was only for first time BMW owners. I have owned them in the past and so did not qualify. If that turns out not to be the case can someone update the forum as I would like to know why I was told I didn't qualify.

Thanks.

vdi3 said:
Hello everyone, I order an i3 in May 24 this year and recently got this email from BMW below. Do anyone know if I will qualify for the $1000 or since I order the car already and it is on the vessel I am out of luck?

Dear,
Remember when you attended the Drive the Future Now: The All-Electric BMW i3 Event? We do too. Now that you've had time to explore the benefits of electric vehicles, the BMW i3 is clearly the future of mobility. With that, we would like to thank you for attending and make your choice even easier by extending you a $1,000 incentive off your next lease or purchase of the all-new i3.*

Your OL code: xxxxxxxxxxxxx
Although the event is over, you may still have questions. With that in mind, we’d like to let you know about the BMW i Concierge program. The BMW i Concierge team is dedicated and highly trained to answer any and all questions about the brand and its vehicles. To speak with a BMW i Concierge, please see the information below:

Are there any others out there who got this letter for the $1000 discount, or is this just a troll here trying to get a rise out of us. I ask my dealer who I ordered from and he did not know about it. He did say there was another drive event at the end of July and a discount was offered, but said the i3 was not included in that offer.

I too attended the Drive the Future now i3 event on June 3rd of this year and did not receive any letter. I find it hard to believe if these letters are being sent out to people who attended the test drive event, that there would have been a lot more discussion about it on this forum.

I call the number listed in the email and they said to get with the dealer since I already make the deposit and see what the dealer will do. Anyone with more info please share.

mindmachine said:
Are there any others out there who got this letter for the $1000 discount, or is this just a troll here trying to get a rise out of us. I ask my dealer who I ordered from and he did not know about it. He did say there was another drive event at the end of July and a discount was offered, but said the i3 was not included in that offer.

I too attended the Drive the Future now i3 event on June 3rd of this year and did not receive any letter. I find it hard to believe if these letters are being sent out to people who attended the test drive event, that there would have been a lot more discussion about it on this forum.

vdi3 said:
I call the number listed in the email and they said to get with the dealer since I already make the deposit and see what the dealer will do. Anyone with more info please share.

mindmachine said:

Well I have an i3 on order that is currently in transit on the Don Juan which should dock in New Jersey on the 25th of this month. My dealer is checking into it for me and said he would let me know next week whats up with this, if it is real or not. He did say however that these discounts are paid for thru BMW NA and it does not come out of the dealers pocket, so if you called the number for BMW NA and they said to talk to your dealer to see what he will do, then you are getting a run around.

I got the email last night about the $1,000 off! However, it is based on a BMW drive event coming up at a dealer 100 miles away next weekend Aug 15-16. I have not yet received one for the i3 drive event (I drove it at both local dealers, actually - both different dealers than above mentioned email) that I did back in late April/early May.

I had finalized a price with the sales person at the BMW dealership. The day before we were scheduled to go in to sign all the paper work, I received the $1000 email. So, when I showed up, I presented the email and they promptly discounted the price further by a $1000. This was at the Austin dealership.

Hope that helps.

I got the same email offer on 8/8 and it looks like we're all wanting to know the same thing. I placed my order with the $1000 deposit last month, so there is plenty of time before its scheduled to arrive and conclude the purchase. The email appears to be from BMW Financial services. I reached out to the concierge via email just before I saw this post, so I'll update everyone on what I'm told.

Well here's the response I got from BMW Concierge:

Thank you for contacting BMW i Concierge.

The $1,000 incentive is offered by BMW of North America, LLC and is valid towards a new BMW i3 Series purchased or leased at a participating BMW center from 8/1/14 to 9/30/14 and cannot be combined with another purchase incentive offer. Offer valid to any recipient of email for participating in Drive the Future Now Event. It is not transferable and must present printed out copy at time of purchase or lease to claim the offer.

The BMW i Concierge team is available Monday through Friday from 9:00 a.m. to 9:00 p.m., ET. You can reach us at 1-855-236-1025.

BMW i. FUELED BY INNOVATION.

I placed a nonrefundable deposit to purchase the i3 at full MSRP in August of 2013 and not only was able to negotiate a $3,175 discount off of that, but got the full "$1,000 BMW USA $1,000 reasons to say "“Thank you”' discount applied for a full $4,175 off retail. I cannot thank BMW USA or Mother BMW enough for their flawed decision to treat those of us with preorders as done deals, and secondary to dealership deliveries. That I got our car a couple of months later is secondary to the revenue lost by them not servicing their preorder clients first. Sad fact is -had they honored their original commitment to get me the car by April, I (stupidly) would have paid $4,175 more.

That is good news! I see a couple of people getting the $1000 discount.

ultraturtle said:
I placed a nonrefundable deposit to purchase the i3 at full MSRP in August of 2013 and not only was able to negotiate a $3,175 discount off of that, but got the full "$1,000 BMW USA $1,000 reasons to say "“Thank you”' discount applied for a full $4,175 off retail. I cannot thank BMW USA or Mother BMW enough for their flawed decision to treat those of us with preorders as done deals, and secondary to dealership deliveries. That I got our car a couple of months later is secondary to the revenue lost by them not servicing their preorder clients first. Sad fact is -had they honored their original commitment to get me the car by April, I (stupidly) would have paid $4,175 more.

Update: Hi everyone I am at BMW dealership and they took off $1000. Only problem now is driving home. They don't know how to charge the car fast enough. We been here almost three hours.

vdi3 said:
Update: Hi everyone I am at BMW dealership and they took off $1000. Only problem now is driving home. They don't know how to charge the car fast enough. We been here almost three hours.

Tell them to give you a loaner and to leave it on charge. You can pick it up tomorrow :)

Back