AC on during charging session?

BMW i3 Forum

Help Support BMW i3 Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ME2SC

Wondering if there is a setting to have the AC stay on while the vehicle is charging in my garage. I didn't come across anything obvious at first glance ... but figured the hive-mind might be able to shed some light.

TIA

Indefinitely? I believe you can just leave the car powered on (in Park, brake set), plug the seatbelt in behind your and exit the vehicle.

Wondering if there is a setting to have the AC stay on while the vehicle is charging in my garage. I didn't come across anything obvious at first glance ... but figured the hive-mind might be able to shed some light.
I trust that the battery pack cooling system would automatically keep its temperature in an acceptable range while charging without any manual intervention. Why do you want the A/C to remain on while charging?

I do what I can to avoid active battery pack cooling while charging because it reduces the battery pack charging rate thus costing more and taking longer to charge. This usually means waiting a couple of hours after parking before charging or reducing the charging power to reduce battery pack heating while charging.

Back