What you may want to know

BMW i3 Forum

Help Support BMW i3 Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

jaguire89

Now I will try and share what my first 5yrs of ownership and what it has entailed. The maintenance I DIY, and repairs I have had to do on my i3. First, I have put on about 39k miles. I bought it as a certified BMW back in 2019.

The problems that I have had and what BMW covered under warranty. Maintenence required and my repairs out of pocket.
  1. The first year I had relay/sensor for the rear trunkhatch replaced. COVERED. The hatch would not stay closed. 2020
  2. Then I also had the sensor that releases and opens the REX door replaced. COVERED. The door would not release to open. 2020
  3. I have done 3 oil changes, brake fluiddrained and replaced once in these 5 yrs. I do inspect everything yearly per BMW. But I do not adhere to BMW yearly oil changes.
  4. Cabin Hepa filters replacement. 2021
  5. Changed 12 volt battery. Purchased and replaced thru BMW service dept. 2022
  6. I just replaced front brake pads on the front discs. Rear show very little wear. 2023
  7. Front and rear wipers replaced. 2023
  8. I had to replace my windshield. 2024
  9. I am going on my 2nd set of tires. 2024
  10. Rplaced rear roof exterior shark fin antenna module. 2024
As I shared in the beginning I DIY all maintenance.

Last edited:
Back