Speed Warning Setting

BMW i3 Forum

Help Support BMW i3 Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

MikeS

You can set a speed warning manually in the iDrive and when you reach that speed the car issues a warning. However, in my i3 I only get a visual warning on the display and no ‘gong’. In my X1 and Z4 you get both! Anyone else noticed this or do you get a ‘dong’?

MikeS said:
You can set a speed warning manually in the iDrive and when you reach that speed the car issues a warning. However, in my i3 I only get a visual warning on the display and no ‘gong’. In my X1 and Z4 you get both! Anyone else noticed this or do you get a ‘dong’?

I get a ding.

I was on a test drive where someone had set it and it was dinging away because they set it to 30! So must be there somewhere or they forgot to fit dinger on yours :oops:

The volume control on some of these things is done with the stereo volume control while that function is active (like the volume on the cell phone use or the voice for the nav). I don't' use it, so haven't looked, but the manual should help out.

Thanks for your replies. Ive hunted through the manual (and I’m a little familiar with the system from my other cars). You can set the volume of the ‘gong; and other sounds in the iDrive and they are all turned up. Can find anything specific about the speed warning noise….. I will pop into the dealers when I’m next passing.

Back