Softwear update?

BMW i3 Forum

Help Support BMW i3 Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Hello
Does anyone have some knowledge that for 2014 bmwi3 without Rex there are newer software versions for some steering module? Is it worth paying $250 for update? Thanks for any reply

You send your VIN to PremiumRetrofit and they let you know. It requires certain packages.
https://premiumretrofit.net/

If your vehicle accepts it, it is worth the money, imho. Not perfect and can shut off frequently depending on conditions but pretty great in stop/go traffic or at slower speeds.

Simple install that can be done by any moron (like me).

Does anyone have some knowledge that for 2014 bmwi3 without Rex there are newer software versions for some steering module? Is it worth paying $250 for update?
Search for BMW Service Bulletin SIB 32 11 19. It extends the warranty to 10 years to fix the occasional loss of electric power steering for i3's whose integration level (system software version) is greater than or equal to I001-17-11-500 and less than I001-20-03-520. If your i3 had its integration level increased after October, 2017, and its in-service date is less than 10 years ago, you could complain about occasional stiff power steering and a BMW dealer should increase the integration level at no cost (I was able to do this).

If your i3's in-service date is more than 10 years ago or its integration level isn't within the above range, whether it's worth paying $250 for the current integration level probably depends on its current integration level and whether the most recent integration level might fix some problems that you're experiencing.

Back