Ready & a/c problem

BMW i3 Forum

Help Support BMW i3 Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

maldo04

my 2014 i3 doesn’t go ready until press de accelerator pedal first, then go ready and go find until turn off or open door. And need to press the accelerator panel first to can get ready. Also the a/c doesn’t freeze but have refrigerant. Please get me some ideas. Thanks

are you sure you are not pressing the BRAKE pedal?
Normally you need to press the BRAKE pedal to get the car to "Ready" mode so you can drive it.

When close the door, press brake pedal, press start and doesn’t go to ready then press accelerator pedal ,then brake pedal ,press start and goes ready.

When you are driving, which MODE are you using? Comfort, ECO Pro or ECO Pro+ ?
If you are using ECO Pro, Heating & A/C are reduced
If you are using ECO Pro+ all Heating & A/C are turned off.

Please other suggestion for those 2 problems. Thanks
I've owned two i3 BEV's since 2014 and have been quite active in several i3 online groups, yet I have never heard of an i3 with the problem that you're having. It's just so weird that no one in this fairly large, somewhat international group has any reasonable solutions. I can synthesize some scenarios that are probably ludicrous, but maybe you're ready for some ludicrous.

Might the power pedal be blocked from returning to its full off position, that when one's foot isn't pressing it? If so, maybe an i3 can't enter READY state when both the power pedal and brake are being pressed at the same time (some physical impediment that would prevent the pedal from reaching its home position would be interpreted by an i3 as the pedal being pressed). Then maybe pressing the accelerator pedal would signal to an i3 that it's now OK to enter READY state.

Everything totally made up with no basis for fact. You got what you paid for. Next?

Back