AC blows cold only from left side vents

BMW i3 Forum

Help Support BMW i3 Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

allan56

Anybody had this problem?
We've just started the warm weather here so haven't used the AC since last year on our 2014 rex. Everything was normal then. This year, the AC seems to work fine except that cold air only comes out of the windshield dash or floor vents on the driver side of the car, just cool air on the right. All other functions seem normal. I was thinking this would be a blend door problem but can't find any information on that or even where it is on the car. I can't even find a blend door on realoem. Also, the symptom doesn't seem to fit a blend door problem because I'm getting normal function on the left all the way through the temperature range on AC and off. Any experience or suggestions would be much appreciated!

Last edited:
Oh, one other thing, if I turn the temperature all the way to 84° on AC or off, I get better heat output out of the right side vents!

I've always wondered why some BMW dealers list "front dual zone A/C" as an i3 feature when I'm pretty certain that this isn't true. Maybe I'm wrong and there's something wrong with your front right A/C zone. However, maybe there's something (dead rat 😄 ) partially blocking the right side air ducts.

Attachments

• Certified Pre-Owned 2021 BMW i3 120Ah For Sale in Honolulu HI | WBY8P2C03M7J24412.pdf
    121.5 KB · Views: 0
Back