Range: Can I make it 80 miles? What about 89?

BMW i3 Forum

Help Support BMW i3 Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Aw man.. Didn't think to warn you about the setup thing with the SOS button. It takes a day or two for them to get your info and be able to activate. The nav setup can take a day or two sometimes.

FWIW, if you play with the following distance adjustment on the ACC, unless the car in front is actually stopping, it tends to be quite smooth about it and adjusts itself to maintain the desired gap. It's when someone cuts in front of you or stops that it can get abrupt (or, it 'sees' something crossing your path). It's easy to just disengage, but if you aren't already on the accelerator, you'll get that max deceleration from the regen...a little practice, and you can be as smooth as in any other car, though. Tapping the off button doesn't shut the system off, just disengages it like tapping the brake pedal. Pressing it a second time, or for longer, though, does shut it off. You can convert it into a 'conventional' CC, if the situation dictates by pressing and holding one of the increase or decrease distance buttons.

Back