Promlems with EME Help please

BMW i3 Forum

Help Support BMW i3 Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Rodneybur

Does anyone here have any experience with the EME programing?

I have a 2014 REX.

The dealer told me there are some faults in the EME and they cannot reprogram it. They said the EME is tied to the vin and I am unable to swap in a used one. The tech said that some people out there have been successful at ghosting it to work? I am not sure what that means exactly. He said BMW does not let them does this and quoted me at a 12K repair.

If anyone has any info that might help me with how to do this or what software I can do it with? I need to get this fixed but do not have the 12K to fix this car.

Please help if you can.

Thanks.

https://www.bmwpartsworldwide.com/oem-parts/bmw-exchange-electric-motor-elec-123610-12369453860

This is the part I am talking about.

They sell it "new" but they told me they can code the new one to work but cannot recode a used one to work in my car? I have found a used one for under 1K. I can install it no problem, but I am not sure how or if I need to recode it.

Hi I currently have the exact problem and have been quoted a $14,000 repair. How did you resolve your issue? Mine is a 2014 REX and the eme blew within 50 kms of leaving the dealership having had the KLE just replaced.
Thanks for your time

Dmcclung said:
Hi I currently have the exact problem and have been quoted a $14,000 repair. How did you resolve your issue? Mine is a 2014 REX and the eme blew within 50 kms of leaving the dealership having had the KLE just replaced.
Thanks for your time

Our company repairs the EMEs successfully for a lot less. Please contact me if you haven't solve your problem yet.

I also have an EME that needs fixed or replaced.

Did you ever solve your issue?

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1zFeeBVbS8pnNe2ByO724LCOSzvcxqwcC/view?usp=sharing

Hey ! I have same situation with EME. I have been looking for someone who can help me for a very long time. I came across a company that specializes in repairing these ecus. They helps me. They are in Ukraine. I sent them my unit, they fixed it and sent it back to me. Now everything works, they gave a guarantee. If you need their contact information, please send me a message. Here is their website: https://bmw-power.com.ua/en/services/remont/254-eme-repair.html

HI, my BMW I3 rex 2016 has been to BMW who have diagnosed an issue with EME uni and quoting £9000- to repair. How easy / re-install remove the unit and have it sent to be repaired. What is the cost of a repair and how successful?

Thanks

Our company repairs the EMEs successfully for a lot less. Please contact me if you haven't solve your problem yet.
Hi, I have a similar problem with , which might need EME replacement. Please could you give me your location and contact details. Thanks

Hi, I have an EME from 330e 2018, did you repair it? became bad after a software update and Esys can't code it, the code option is greyed

Hi, I have an EME from 330e 2018, did you repair it? became bad after a software update and Esys can't code it, the code option is greyed

HI, my BMW I3 rex 2016 has been to BMW who have diagnosed an issue with EME uni and quoting £9000- to repair. How easy / re-install remove the unit and have it sent to be repaired. What is the cost of a repair and how successful?

Thanks
Hi, Can I ask if you got this resolved? I have 2017 BMW i3 REX 52000 miles on the clock and have just been quoted £9500 to fix it

Back