Problem with SME Code

BMW i3 Forum

Help Support BMW i3 Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Thoura

I accidentally change my BMW i3 2014 SME code without backups and now my car can’t start and show check signal. Please help me fix this

With the limited information provided, probably the quickest solution would be to trailer it to a BMW main dealer and ask them to restore the factory coding for the vehicle.

If you want to do it any other way, it would probably be best to start by giving an idea where in the world you are, because it's highly likely that the coding of that module in North America (for example) will be different than it is in Europe.

Have you had the vehicle checked for fault codes? That may give a hint as to where the unwanted change(s) were made.

I
With the limited information provided, probably the quickest solution would be to trailer it to a BMW main dealer and ask them to restore the factory coding for the vehicle.

If you want to do it any other way, it would probably be best to start by giving an idea where in the world you are, because it's highly likely that the coding of that module in North America (for example) will be different than it is in Europe.

Have you had the vehicle checked for fault codes? That may give a hint as to where the unwanted change(s) were made.
I live in Cambodia. and I check my car VIN it’s came from Los Angeles. i can’t find any BMW dealerships in my country. Can you have any way to find SME code?

I just buy launch creader elite v2.0 and use it to coding SME code without backup. Can I use this product to find original SME code?

If you don't know what you changed, I doubt it - that product doesn't have any auto-backup feature as far as I can see. And if you don't know what you changed, I'm not sure how anyone else could help you.

However, if you were to buy a secondhand SME module from a US-spec car, it's very likely that it will have the factory default coding.

That said, I don't know if BMW code every module to match the car that it's in (VW has done this for a few years now) - if so, a secondhand module may not help either.

I think he means that he has modified the coding of the SME module in his car. But he doesn't know what he changed and so doesn't know how to revert to the factory coding.

Back