New owner of a 2022 i3s

BMW i3 Forum

Help Support BMW i3 Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

anp

Hello, got myself a 2022 i3s with 18000k. All black (will add photos in due course).

Must say i'm loving the car but have a few question regarding extras on it..

It's got hk sound , sunroof but missing several basic (to me ) amenities.

Was wandering how it could be and if i can retrofit some of them.

Doesn't have :

1.Interior ambient lighting
2.Vanity mirror lights
3. Reading lights (only the main cabin lights)
4. Keyless entry

Also missing android/apple and front and rear cameras (all of which i am already going to install) and no adaptive cruise control which i dont mind .

Find it weird for it not to have any ambient interior lights though...

Have already ordered the evolve suspension pack (i do find the ride a bit jittery)

Would love any feedback abt the extras and if they can be retrofitted!

Thanks!

Sorry to have to say it, but retrofitting 1, 3 or 4 would be complex - probably not worth the effort. I looked at 3 (and have the necessary part) but wiring and coding is not going to be easy, and I've shelved the project (probably indefinitely). 2 might be easy enough - I've never checked.

Have you installed the Evolve suspension yet? If so, I am very interested to hear your thoughts on it and how the ride is now.

Have you installed the Evolve suspension yet? If so, I am very interested to hear your thoughts on it and how the ride is now.
Hi I have had the Evolve Suspension upgrade done because I live very near to Luton Ihad them installed by Evolve, I must say the ride is much improved and the steering is much improved too I'm very pleased with the service from Evolve, they certainly know everything about BMW's highly recommended and free coffee etc while you wait.

Hi I have had the Evolve Suspension upgrade done because I live very near to Luton Ihad them installed by Evolve, I must say the ride is much improved and the steering is much improved too I'm very pleased with the service from Evolve, they certainly know everything about BMW's highly recommended and free coffee etc while you wait.
Did you get just the dampers or springs too? Anything else?

It’s interesting that ride and handling of the i3 are definitely not up to the usual excellence I’m used to from BMW.

Thank you
Michael

Back