Need a part - 07119908004.

BMW i3 Forum

Help Support BMW i3 Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

mfogarty

Supporting Member
Managed to snap one of the bolts that holds the battery cover in place - part number is 07119908004 .

Cheapest I can find is £6.15 delivered. Can anyone find it cheaper at all in the UK? TIA!

I think the problem for small stuff like that is that more than half the cost will be shipping (trade places typically won't put a second class stamp on it and take it down to the Post Office for you) so the likely saving if you get a really good deal on the part is only likely to be maybe a quid, which most people probably won't get out of bed for.

If it's a generic metric bolt you'll probably be able to get five of them in stainless shipped to you via Ebay for less, but you need it to be a standard metric size.

Yeah, they are stinging me on shipping. Was wondering what it would be from BMW themselves if I just go and pick it up from a local BMW parts Dept.

It's not generic no. I've tried that already and they don't really fit right and I don't want to completely mess up the existing thread.

Managed to snap one of the bolts that holds the battery cover in place - part number is 07119908004 .
When I was changing the battery, this bolt fell down into the void below. Through pure luck, I was able to find it. To avoid future loss of this bolt, I made a "washer" out of a piece of PET plastic from a supermarket strawberry box. I pushed this washer onto this bolt (tight fit) after I had inserted it through the bracket (i.e., on the back side of the bracket). This prevents the bolt from falling when trying to thread it into its nut. It becomes part of the bracket.

I can't visualise the setting, but there are probably alternative such as (maybe) a M6 x 20 Torx head bolt? If the location is suitable to get a Torx driver in. E.g.

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/124471359752/

That was picked pretty much at random, but the head size is described unusually well in that listing. Similar in stainless would probably get you 5 of them (except of course you won't ever need 5 of them!).

I can't visualise the setting, but there are probably alternative such as (maybe) a M6 x 20 Torx head bolt? If the location is suitable to get a Torx driver in. E.g.

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/124471359752/

That was picked pretty much at random, but the head size is described unusually well in that listing. Similar in stainless would probably get you 5 of them (except of course you won't ever need 5 of them!).
Yeah, I tried to use a M6 x 20 and it just doesn't seem to fit quite right. I didn't want to risk it by forcing it. I'll probably bite the bullet and get the right part and will put a sheet of cardboard down in the void when working in there in the future.

I can't visualise the setting, but there are probably alternative such as (maybe) a M6 x 20 Torx head bolt?
In the photo below, the frunk box has been removed to reveal the battery. The windshield washer fluid reservoir is along the left edge. This bolt attaches the battery bracket back in the dark recess at the end of red arrow behind and between the battery terminals. A socket wrench extension is needed to reach this bolt. When the bolt falls, it can be very difficult to find.

IMG_0714.jpg

The bolt includes a captive flat washer shown in the photo below with the top of the battery bracket that this bolt attaches. If it were a regular bolt, keeping a separate flat washer from falling when installing or removing the bolt would be challenging.

IMG_0711.jpg

Dropping the bolt when installing or removing it is a risk. To minimize this risk, I created a washer from a thin piece of PET plastic from a supermarket strawberry box. The washer hole is smaller than the bolt so that when the washer is slid onto the bolt from the back side of the bracket, the bolt cannot fall out of its hole as shown in the photo below. I never again want to have to look for this bolt after it has fallen into the black void below and behind the 12V battery. 😀

IMG_0713.jpg

Thanks for getting me this part number. I also "lost one into the void" and have been using a zip tie. I was unable to find the correct part number and have busy on other things. Just ordered one $1.20 for the bolt and $9.92 for shipping/handling. I just hope that it is the correct part.

Thanks for getting me this part number. I also "lost one into the void" and have been using a zip tie. I was unable to find the correct part number and have busy on other things. Just ordered one $1.20 for the bolt and $9.92 for shipping/handling. I just hope that it is the correct part.
It is indeed the correct part if you need it for the 12v battery holding bracket.

I'm going to bite the bullet and pay for mine too.

Hopefully that's it done then.

Dropping the bolt when installing or removing it is a risk. To minimize this risk, I created a washer from a thin piece of PET plastic from a supermarket strawberry box. The washer hole is smaller than the bolt so that when the washer is slid onto the bolt from the back side of the bracket, the bolt cannot fall out of its hole as shown in the photo below. I never again want to have to look for this bolt after it has fallen into the black void below and behind the 12V battery. 😀
Great idea. When the bolt arrives, I'll be doing just this.

Back