My BMW app state of charge in route plan

BMW i3 Forum

Help Support BMW i3 Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

kd7iwp

I just bought a 2019 i3s out in Ontario and it will be shipping to me in BC next week. I got the dealership to give me the access code so that I could add the car to the My BMW app. I do not have a paid subscription so I know I can’t see things like state of charge, but at least I believe I will be able to track the car while it’s on the train. Getting familiar with the app I put in a destination and had it make a route and it’s warning me that the charge is below 10%. Can anyone else who doesn’t have a connected drive paid subscription confirm if this behavior is correct? Wondering if I should ask the dealership to plug it in tomorrow to charge it a bit before they send it out to me (the shipping company suggests to have 1/3 tank of fuel as they maneuver the cars around during loading).

1729310240078.png

Our i3 still has its original Connected Services subscriptions, so I can't tell you whether what you're seeing is correct. However, I have no reason to believe that it isn't except that if the app knows that the charge level is <10%, it should be able to display the charge level.

Regardless, I would definitely ask the dealer to charge the battery pack. Allowing it to remain below 10% accelerates battery cell degradation.

You will not be able to "track the car" while it is on the train unless they periodically turn it ON to move it or something. Unless BMW updated something, the "location" feature sends out a signal when the car comes to a stop and is turned "OFF", then it stops sending a signal. So all you would see is the last place it was parked.

The dealership showed me it was plugged in all night and sent a photo to show it is charged this morning, yet the app still says <10%. But from everything I read on here, those updates from the car can be hit or miss.

The dealership showed me it was plugged in all night and sent a photo to show it is charged this morning, yet the app still says <10%. But from everything I read on here, those updates from the car can be hit or miss.
Without a working subscription for the MyBMW app, the charge status will not update. I elected not to renew my subscription back in June and the app is "stuck" at 66%, which is where it was when my subscription lapsed.

Back