My BMW app state of charge in route plan

BMW i3 Forum

Help Support BMW i3 Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

kd7iwp

I just bought a 2019 i3s out in Ontario and it will be shipping to me in BC next week. I got the dealership to give me the access code so that I could add the car to the My BMW app. I do not have a paid subscription so I know I can’t see things like state of charge, but at least I believe I will be able to track the car while it’s on the train. Getting familiar with the app I put in a destination and had it make a route and it’s warning me that the charge is below 10%. Can anyone else who doesn’t have a connected drive paid subscription confirm if this behavior is correct? Wondering if I should ask the dealership to plug it in tomorrow to charge it a bit before they send it out to me (the shipping company suggests to have 1/3 tank of fuel as they maneuver the cars around during loading).

1729310240078.png

Our i3 still has its original Connected Services subscriptions, so I can't tell you whether what you're seeing is correct. However, I have no reason to believe that it isn't except that if the app knows that the charge level is <10%, it should be able to display the charge level.

Regardless, I would definitely ask the dealer to charge the battery pack. Allowing it to remain below 10% accelerates battery cell degradation.

Back