Letting fresh air in?

BMW i3 Forum

Help Support BMW i3 Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ATXMARC

Probably an idiotic question but how do i just let outside air in without engaging heating or cooling system? Looked at the om in the car and didn't make sense. If the led with the temp on it is on..does that mean heating or cooling is on? I got the fan to come on a time or 2 without the temp led on but i cant seem to replicate... Help!
(Oh and don't say open the windows---don't want more drag on the car)

I have been unable to figure out how to allow fresh air to be blow in by the forward motion of the car only (i.e., without tha climate control fan being on). If this isn't possible, this will be unlike any other car I have owned which would be disappointing in our warm climate.

There is an A/M button on the dash for climate control, if you change it to M mode, and set the fan speed to be 0, does it allow fresh air in without turning the fan on? Not sure if the fan speed can be 0 with the mode at 'M'.

ICE cars allow this to ensure you don't get CO poisoning. Haven't tried it on the i3, but with the REx, that concept probably is carried through.

You can disable the a/c, and then play with the temperature control knob, and you should be able to continue without heating or cooling the air. I haven't tried to see what happens if you turn off the fan whether it closes the flaps internally, or if air can still move through. But, depending on the arrangement of the air ducts and the inlet, I'm not sure you'd get much flow through without the fan on. You can manually direct the air to the vents you desire.

Latest posts

Back