Just installed icar OBD unit and Bimmerlink

BMW i3 Forum

Help Support BMW i3 Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
What coding changes are recommended for my 2017 94REx?
You'd need to license BimmerCode, not BimmerLink which scans for and deletes diagnostic trouble codes, registers new 12V batteries, etc., but doesn't change parameter values to change behaviors.

Because yours isn't a North American i3, you can already start the REx engine manually below a 75% charge level, so nothing to code there. What you do depends on what behaviors you prefer.

I have deactivated welcome messages and sounds and all seat belt warnings. I have changed the default driving mode to Eco Pro. I changed key fob button 3 to open the frunk instead of the hatch. I added tire temperature to the tire pressure display. I changed the climate control and air circulations settings to remember the previous settings rather than starting at default settings. I changed the adaptive cruise control following distance to the minimum rather than the maximum. I changed the backup camera setting to turn off after driving forward 10 meters or 10 km/h.

Ours is a U.S. i3 which would have different settings to yours, so what I have done might not apply to your i3.

Art has a good list.

After 1000 times getting out and going to the trunk to unload groceries or whatever -- only to find that it was locked -- I changed the "automatic door lock speed" to 155 MPH. You can't turn it off, but you can program it to an unobtainable speed.

Back