i3 Concept coupe..

BMW i3 Forum

Help Support BMW i3 Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

tklee123

Is the current i3 the same thing as the i3 concept coupe? I visited the bmw website and saw the i3 concept coupe under upcoming vehicles. http://www.bmwusa.com/standard/content/allbmws/conceptvehicles/default.aspx

I'm going to buy an i3 but if the coupe version is coming out soon, I might hold out for that instead.

No, that is a variation on the current i3 - they say it's a 3-door (i.e., no coach doors). Unless it ends up cheaper, the overall lines look pretty close to the same except there's no seam for the rear door. The roof line may or may not be a little lower, which would hurt the max cargo, but until you can see one in person, it's hard to judge the real visual impact.

Would be pretty cool with M performance treatment! Less focus on efficiency with wider tires, sport suspension, maybe even more powerful electric motor and more battery to support it (because, again, less focus on efficiency).

Latest posts

Back