Hidden menu displays possible reset?

BMW i3 Forum

Help Support BMW i3 Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Dutchi3

Supporting Member
When I tried to enter the Hidden Menu by holding the left button on the left display, I get a curious message, see picture below.

Hiddenmenu.jpg

Basically it tells you that a reset is possible after some icon and then asks if you want to perfom the reset, and a date somewhere in the future. If you keep pressing the button, you cycle through these screens.
I have no idea what it means, does anyone have seen these messages before when trying to enter the menu? When you hold the button for longer time, nothing happens. I am also not able to get into the menu to check the parameters, but last time I checked I also got these messages -but managed also to get into the menu.
Thanks in advance!

You get this menu when you turn the car ON without putting your foot on the brake.
If you want the other menu, you must turn the car ON while putting your foot on the brake. Then try the menu button again.

The resets are standard 2-year Timers for Brake Fluid Flush, and "General Service" . You can just Reset them to a time 2 years in the future if they show RED. If they are Green, you cannot Reset them any further into the future.

The resets are standard 2-year Timers for Brake Fluid Flush, and "General Service" . You can just Reset them to a time 2 years in the future if they show RED. If they are Green, you cannot Reset them any further into the future.
You have great knowledge of the car, thank you. I guessed the first one due to the icon, but good to know.

Back