Flexible Mobility in Northern CA

BMW i3 Forum

Help Support BMW i3 Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

i3Livermore

Does anyone know of a dealership in Northern California that participates in the flexible mobility program? http://www.bmwusa.com/Standard/Content/Vehicles/2015/i3/BMWi3/360Electric/FlexibleMobility.aspx

We have a road trip to LA coming up and would like to avoid taking the wife's old 4Runner.

Thanks!

at the stevens creek bmw i event today

3 different sales people said that flexible mobility is coming soon

they will also provide rental cars at discounted rates

no idea if its really true

:ugeek:

i3Livermore said:
Does anyone know of a dealership in Northern California that participates in the flexible mobility program? http://www.bmwusa.com/Standard/Content/Vehicles/2015/i3/BMWi3/360Electric/FlexibleMobility.aspx

We have a road trip to LA coming up and would like to avoid taking the wife's old 4Runner.

Thanks!

On the i3 Facebook group someone says that Weatherford BMW in Berkeley is doing the mobility thing.

The problem is though that any dealer that offers it is very unlikely to provide it to someone who is not already customer if you didn't buy your i3 there and if you aren't also getting your i3 serviced there, there is absolutely no reason why they would want to provide this benefit to you.

But best of luck to you.

No dealers in the Houston, TX area are offering this. I contacted BMWNA and said that they either needed to revise the program so that dealers were willing to participate, or stop advertising it.. I also asked that a page be created on the BMWNA web page listing all the dealers participating. Got a polite thank you.

MORE OWNERS NEED TO COMPLAIN!

tiburonh said:
i3Livermore said:

Thanks!

On the i3 Facebook group someone says that Weatherford BMW in Berkeley is doing the mobility thing.

The problem is though that any dealer that offers it is very unlikely to provide it to someone who is not already customer if you didn't buy your i3 there and if you aren't also getting your i3 serviced there, there is absolutely no reason why they would want to provide this benefit to you.

But best of luck to you.

Thanks to both of you for the response.
Weatherford confirmed they participate and the person who runs the dept there will call me back Monday. Her name is Sherry Lee, phone number is 510-542-5206

As I understand it, BMW will only subsidize the program for the dealers IF they have the loaner vehicle out a very significant portion of each month AND, the vehicles supplied cannot be used for any other loaner program by them - IOW, they must be dedicated to the i3 program. Until a dealer has sold a fair number of i3s, they may not be able to support that requirement, and if they can't they end up eating the costs entirely.

There are probably also some other requirements, but my guess is, the dealer may be very willing to let any i3 owner participate to get the vehicle out the required number of days so they don't have to pay for the vehicle that month.

Yes, my understanding, as well. I believe it's 15 days per month and I agree that no dealer without a substantial base of i3's is going to want to take the risk. It's BMWNA that needs to ease up on these requirements, at least until there are a fair number of i3's in their service territory. Complaints need to be directed to BMWNA because this is a advertised program that is not being made good on. Until they have at least one car per dealer, they shouldn't be advertising it.

I know this has nothing to do with NorCal, but if any SoCal residents are wondering BMW of Encinitas recognizes the program.

I have a vehicle reserved for next weekend, although I have no idea which model. I'll report back with details.

Back