Enable the Maximum Road speed limit display

BMW i3 Forum

Help Support BMW i3 Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Yes, I realise that this is to do with the multimedia/phone interface. It was more of a way for the earlier poster to compare whether these components on his car are an earlier version than mine, with the assumption that other components' software versions might also be out of date.

It could mean this function might be enabled with a software update - who knows? The hardware is certainly the same so that's a positive.

I didn't realise the driver profiles could reveal version data - I will check that! Thanks for the tip. I don't have a way to access the OBD data to read it there.

nitramluap said:
Yes, I realise that this is to do with the multimedia/phone interface. It was more of a way for the earlier poster to compare whether these components on his car are an earlier version than mine, with the assumption that other components' software versions might also be out of date.
Unfortunately, in U.S. i3's at least, the multimedia and phone software for our 2014 BEV haven't been updated in a couple of years while system software updates have occurred quarterly. Multimedia and phone software versions seem to have changed in lock step while they were being updated. So there's no apparent correlation at this point between the system and multimedia/phone software versions.

alohart said:
nitramluap said:
Unfortunately, in U.S. i3's at least, the multimedia and phone software for our 2014 BEV haven't been updated in a couple of years while system software updates have occurred quarterly. Multimedia and phone software versions seem to have changed in lock step while they were being updated. So there's no apparent correlation at this point between the system and multimedia/phone software versions.

I see... OK, that might be the same here then.

After work I'll dig around inside the user profiles to see what I can discover about my car's component versions. :)

Back