disabling blower fan on start

BMW i3 Forum

Help Support BMW i3 Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Joe

I've tried a few bimmercode settings, maybe I have to dig into expert mode but has anyone been able to disable the fan coming on every time?

If you're referring to the climate control system always being on when starting your i3, using BimmerCode in standard mole, make the following changes to IHKA (Air Conditioning) module parameters:

Air conditioning on in AUTO mode: set to not active

With this change, the climate control system should be off when starting your i3.

However, if you'd like the IHKA module to recall the previous setting when starting your i3:

Air conditioning setting memory: set to active

I live in a warm climate year-round, never run the heater, and rarely have problems with windows fogging. When running the A/C, I want it to run as efficiently as possible which doesn't occur in automatic air recirculation mode ('A' led illuminated). Automatic mode brings in outside air unless contaminates are detected after which air recirculation mode is activated. Cooling warm outside air makes the A/C work harder, so I prefer always running in "air recirculation" mode ('M' led illuminated) which recirculates inside air at all times. I recognize that this wouldn't be ideal in other climates in which window fogging occurs on cool days.

Automatic air recirculation: set to not active

I don't know what would happen when this change is made because I've always made the following change which sets the air circulation mode when starting our i3 to the mode when it was previously shut down:

Air circulation setting memory: set to active

Hmm thanks but I made all those changes before and retried recently yet the fan still turns on setting 1 if I turned it off before I turned the car off.
I also usually have recirc on M and when I turn the fan off I can hear what I think is a flap open or close every time no matter whatever I have it set to, that's part of the reason I don't want the fan coming on as I feel like there's unnecessary wear and tear with that as well.

I recall it occurring with other BMWs, something to do with clearing condensation? maybe it's a regional thing I'm stuck with.

and today I jumped in without making any changes and the fan didn't come on, maybe it's checking temperature or humidity before turning on.

and today I jumped in without making any changes and the fan didn't come on, maybe it's checking temperature or humidity before turning on.
The HV system may need to sleep before all changes are implemented. When it reawakens, the HV electronic modules reboot and read the changed values of some of the parameters that govern their behaviors. I've also noticed this delayed reaction to coding changes that I've made.

The HV system may need to sleep before all changes are implemented. When it reawakens, the HV electronic modules reboot and read the changed values of some of the parameters that govern their behaviors. I've also noticed this delayed reaction to coding changes that I've made.

Not in this case, I hadn't changed it for maybe a week and the fan came on again this morning so gone back to thinking it's based on temperature or something but who knows.

OK, it's still coming on every time but at least I've worked out that if I set it to blow at my feet only I no longer have the directional flaps opening and closing whenever I start and stop.

Back