Anyone over 100k miles on their car?

BMW i3 Forum

Help Support BMW i3 Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Candece

I was just wondering how long they last. I have a 2014 and just hit 75k. I have put 20k on in 15 months.

I'm at 77k on a 2014 Rex. I have 77 miles of range on a warm day. Cold weather is my enemy. Any temperature below 50 and I m using Rex daily.

I'm at 77k on a 2014 Rex. I have 77 miles of range on a warm day.
More or less in line with the average. I am at 70.000 miles and have 80 miles of range on a warm day. I have a 2014 BEV though, so only battery powered.

EDIT 16/7: checked max kappa in display, I am bit disappointed but I appear to have 15kWh left, a decline of 20%. While it may be a snapshot and max kappa is not very accurate, it gives me an indication nevertheless. O well, it still suits my driving needs -as where I live in Portugal since this spring, the average speeds are lower due to no highway driving and temperatures are higher compared to the Netherlands.

Last edited:
115K on my 2015 with range extender. Son gave it to me. Max of 70 miles on full charge. Even driving w/o AC will only get actual miles 50 or so

Somebody worked it out and they can do around 500,000 miles.
Apart from the batteries, with proper maintenance it should last 50 years, hardly no rust etc. I really hope that replacement batteries become available for a fair price, not just salvaged battery packs. Maybe when solid state batteries are common, one does not need the cooling or heating and those maybe can be spoofed by clever engineering. Or convert it to ICE ;)

Worst case scenario I can still use the car on mostly gas, but rust is the enemy here in North West Indiana

Back