2017 i3 windshield replacement

BMW i3 Forum

Help Support BMW i3 Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Bobby Axelrod

Sent in my 2017 i3 today to Safelite to get my windshield replaced today. They called and told me that my car was throwing up a mountain of codes for the camera and they could not clear the codes. According to them, if they can't clear the codes to a suitable level, they can't replace the windshield. I was told to take the car to the dealership to get it cleared up and then bring it back to have the windshield replaced. I called my local indy BMW shop and they told me they couldn't do it, so I guess the dealership is my only option. I asked Safelite if they could just replace the glass and then i'd take the car into BMW for the calibration and codes after they replaced the glass, but i'm guessing out of liability they said no. Took a day off to get this done and just another headache.. anyone else have this experience as well while trying to replace their windshield? I'm afraid what the dealership is going to charge to to diag the car and clear the codes...

Back