2016 Tera World REx

BMW i3 Forum

Help Support BMW i3 Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

emjaybennett

It's my first electric car and my second BMW. I bought it second hand in October 2023 with 72,000 mi from the local BMW dealership. It had belonged to an employee and luckily for me it was immaculate. Unluckily for me it's starting to throw codes for all kinds of things and so I'm on all the forums with everybody else trying to decipher what they all mean in dollar signs lol. Ironically, despite the CELs, I've never actually had an issue with anything functioning properly. Yet 😁

Check to see if your 12V battery is pining for the fjords. If it's over 3 years old, it probably is. Worn out low voltage battery can cause a British boatload of seemingly random error codes to get thrown or even leave you stranded at the worst time.

2024 LAUNCH X431 Elite for BMW OBD2 Scanner, Full System Diagnostic Bi-directional Scan Tool, All Reset Services, ECU Coding, Battery Registration Tool for BMW/MINI/Rolls-Royce,Lifetime F-ree Update https://a.co/d/0Ir3DQJ

Thanks, I'll look into it. I've been using Bimmerlink, Deep OBD (ISTA), and my older Bosch scan tool just for fun, and they all disagree on the cause of the CEL which is super frustrating.

Back