2016 bmw i3 rex Fuse location

BMW i3 Forum

Help Support BMW i3 Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Chby

Soo im trying to install dashcam on this i3 with parking monitor. I researched where i can find fuse box so i can tap dash and parking. I opened the one in the passengers foot side and the fuse box looks different. Is there any other place the fuse box would be located?

view

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1fGvtXnCwokw6R2Bbtoi7nWayboxSEhd0/view?usp=drivesdk

What you seem to be looking at there is the fuse panel on the body control module.

The main fuse box location and description of how you access it is given here (among other places):

https://fuseandrelay.com/bmw/i3.html

I'm just about to add a dashcam to mine - planning to use Fuse 65.

Hey folks, I'd be keen to know how your dash cam installs have progressed... I've just acquired a BMW ACE 3.0 Pro unit I want to add to my 2020 i3s. I've read the equivalent to war and peace in posts across countless forums trying to find the specific fuse location to use. I'm just apprehensive about stuffing anything up.

I did read in the ACE documentation that the unit has an internal battery monitor to avoid battery drain which sounds encouraging. I also saw this YouTube vid of the same unit install into the i3s by carbonwurks, so it's all possible.

I did find the install instructions for the i vehicle range, but it was for the ACE 2.0 cam. I'm thinking it's probably not wildly different - it is only two wires & a ground still right?!...

Would love to know how you got on.. :)

Hey folks, I'd be keen to know how your dash cam installs have progressed... I've just acquired a BMW ACE 3.0 Pro unit I want to add to my 2020 i3s. I've read the equivalent to war and peace in posts across countless forums trying to find the specific fuse location to use. I'm just apprehensive about stuffing anything up.

I did read in the ACE documentation that the unit has an internal battery monitor to avoid battery drain which sounds encouraging. I also saw this YouTube vid of the same unit install into the i3s by carbonwurks, so it's all possible.

I did find the install instructions for the i vehicle range, but it was for the ACE 2.0 cam. I'm thinking it's probably not wildly different - it is only two wires & a ground still right?!...

Would love to know how you got on.. :)
I’m considering an Ace pro 3.0 for my 2020 BEV - let us know how your install journey progresses.

Back