Side View Mirrors

BMW i3 Forum

Help Support BMW i3 Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

SDCAi3

To all you current i3 owners in Europe,

As we in the US anxiously await delivery of our i3s, I was wondering whether the side view mirrors electrically fold and if the passenger side one tilts down when reversing. With our narrow parking spaces in California and frequent need for parallel parking, I've gotten used to these functions on my 335i and hope they've carried to the i3.

Thanks!

I think the answer is - it depends on the options/extras you have. In the UK you have to pay extra for the 7RS Comfort Package to get folding mirrors plus some other functions.

In addition to the above behavior, the passenger side view mirror also tilts outwards when you turn in the direction of the passenger seat (right in Continental Europe, left in the UK). Turn indicator must be on.

photomirror.jpg

Agj - thank you, that was something I did not know.

For the english speakers look at p53 of the handbook - https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B1gaIBWsVgEHNEtXUzEyUm9FVTg/edit?usp=sharing

Thanks for the responses. Since these functions aren't listed as part of the standard equipment or in any of the US packages or options, I hope they're either part of one of the "worlds" or the technology or park assistant packages.

Interesting... folding mirrors are key for my wife... (i3 due in July, ordered end of Dec)... we are based in the UK...

Having read this thread we emailed our iGenius to ask specifically about folding mirrors... he has replied today confirming that folding mirrors are *standard* on the i3...

Is it possible the tilting/reversing functions etc are part of the comfort package? And not the core mirror folding functionality?

Thanks...

VintageMark said:
Is it possible the tilting/reversing functions etc are part of the comfort package? And not the core mirror folding functionality?

Right. Mirror folding is standard. Glass mirror tilting (in all forms and shapes) is part of 7RS option. The inclusion of "glass mirror tilting" option as "standard" in the UK should be mentioned anyway in your purchase order. If not, you can ask your iAgent again to check it for you. Or better : ask a British owner ;)

As an urban vehicle, I think every i3 should come with folding mirrors, but from what I can glean from various BMW international websites, folding mirrors are standard in Europe and not available even as an option in the US.

In Denmark the folding mirrors are called 430. You can only order it with the 7RS(comfort). Comfort is standard in UK, but not here in Denmark.. US??

The spec says:
"armrest: expanded with a button for folding the exterior mirrors, not illuminated"

Buskraut said:
As an urban vehicle, I think every i3 should come with folding mirrors, but from what I can glean from various BMW international websites, folding mirrors are standard in Europe and not available even as an option in the US.

The i3 info on BMWUSA.com still seems incomplete, IMHO, so hopefully folding/tilting mirrors do come on our cars despite not being mentioned yet in the specs.

My i3 has folding mirrors as standard (UK spec). They can be folded by a button on the drivers door or by holding down the lock button on the key.

Latest posts

Back