Window lifter malfunction

BMW i3 Forum

Help Support BMW i3 Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
The window lifter on the driver's side only works hesitantly up and down. Before, it would at least go down automatically and had to be moved up manually. Now it only works hesitantly (5cm steps). Replaced the motor, but the error remains. The window doesn't go down when the door is opened. BMW can't find the error, the next step would be to replace the door control unit, does anyone have an idea about this.

Deutsch:
Fensterheber fahrerseitig funktioniert nur stockend rauf und runter. Vorher ist er zumindest autom. nach untern gefahren und musste manuell nach oben gefahren werden. Jetzt nur mehr stockende(5cm Schritte) Funktion. Motor getauscht Fehler bleibt. Auch beim öffnen der tür keine absenken der scheibe. BMW findet den Fehler nicht, nächster schritt wäre steuergerät tür tauschen, hat jemand einme Idee dazu.

I'm having the exact same problem but haven't figured out the cause either. Sometimes -- but very rarely -- is does lower a little bit on opening the door but then doesn't close it when I shut it so I have to turn on accessories mode to manually raise it. I gotta watch carefully, because when it rains here, it pours.

Sometimes -- but very rarely -- is does lower a little bit on opening the door but then doesn't close it when I shut it so I have to turn on accessories mode to manually raise it. I gotta watch carefully, because when it rains here, it pours.
The driver's window quit dropping upon opening the door within a week after I installed a LFP 12V battery. After I performed the power window relearn procedure, it started working correctly again and continues to work correctly with the LFP battery which probably had nothing to do with the original problem. Somehow, the window position memory had been lost and had to be re-established.

Back