Well he is my first post as a new supporting member

BMW i3 Forum

Help Support BMW i3 Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

jaguire89

I own a 2017 i3 REX. I have had it since 2019. This is my 2nd electric vehicle. Having started with leasing a 2015 Nissan leaf. My i3 has been extremely reliable, affordable and fun to drive daily.

I look forward to sharing with you whatever questions you may have.

I inturn look foward to you guys guiding me in one of 2 ways. Whether I should do some sort of refresh on my E.V. Or sell it? As it is base model i3 REX. I have been pondering about updating the sound system, my 6.25 screen and possibly some wrap on parts of the car to give it a slight more uniqueness. So I look forward to your feedback. So hello this is Jefferson and below is a Pic of my i3..

Attachments

• 20210326_124456.jpg
    20210326_124456.jpg
    192 KB · Views: 0
  • 20210326_124433.jpg
    20210326_124433.jpg
    199.3 KB · Views: 0
Last edited:
Welcome. Always tough to draw the line between a simple mod here and there versus diving into the rabbit hole / money pit.

Other than these two specific upgrades you mentioned, how are you liking the car? Is its range serving you or are you going to tire of it quickly and move on to something else? For instance my '17 was just great, but along came a deal on a '21 I couldn't pass up, not because I was unsatisfied with the 2017, but because I liked it so much that the opportunity to "zero out" the odometer and get a refreshed, higher range i3 was too appealing.

Welcome. Always tough to draw the line between a simple mod here and there versus diving into the rabbit hole / money pit.

Other than these two specific upgrades you mentioned, how are you liking the car? Is its range serving you or are you going to tire of it quickly and move on to something else? For instance my '17 was just great, but along came a deal on a '21 I couldn't pass up, not because I was unsatisfied with the 2017, but because I liked it so much that the opportunity to "zero out" the odometer and get a refreshed, higher range i3 was too appealing.
I love my car as a daily driver. This is the first vehicle I have owned E.V. or ICE that I have kept more than 5yrs. It has been so dependeable, practical and fun to drive that I can not see myself replacing it. Instead, I think, of the ways I might make some equiptment or cosmetic changes. Time will tell.

Back