Updating Maps

BMW i3 Forum

Help Support BMW i3 Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
One thing it doesn't seem to like (on my car, at least) is if the drive is not completely empty, but if you have just formatted it to FAT32, it would be anyway.

I guess the next thing I would try is "Update BMW services" (if that's the correct name for the option in iDrive that goes away and checks all of the installed apps).

I've sent an email to BMW connected drive, asking for a solution and a week later I had and answer saying they will refund me beacause I cannot install the maps.

Anyway, I would like to update those maps.

Do you suggest third part service?

This may not be what you're looking for, but I purchased one of the third-party units to allow me to have Android Auto and Apple Carplay in the car. My particular unit was from Road Top, and works well. It cost a couple hundred US Dollars and a couple of hours of my time, but the consistent Google maps plus all the other benefits of Android Auto have been well worth it to me. Just a thought....

John Francis
Rolla, MO

Do you suggest third part service?
Almost a decade ago, I purchased a lifetime FSC code from a Website that I don't recall. It worked perfectly until I sold our 2014 i3 after ~7.5 years. This purchase included the first huge download of the current navigation map (~30 GB). I downloaded subsequent map updates from various Internet sources always checking the downloads for malware.

A search for "BMW navigation maps" includes OEM Navigations, BMW Map Updates, and others. Don't pay more than you have to.

Back