Summer HVB temps.

BMW i3 Forum

Help Support BMW i3 Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

tongsli

Supporting Member
So I had an errand to run around lunchtime which was 20 miles away. Outside temp 38C. installed my OBDII connector and used MI3 app. Battery cell temperatures at 29C. I have to assume the AC kicked in and was working but am not sure.

When I arrived home I pulled into the garage and no AC noise. Very happy with the battery temp given the heat outside on the east coast. I am in Maryland.

Lito

Update: after sitting this afternoon and into the evening, the battery temp rose to 31C or 87deg F. I plugged in the 120v charger and put my large floor fan to move air under the vehicle. I will take another reading in the am

Last edited:
Update: after sitting this afternoon and into the evening, the battery temp rose to 31C or 87deg F. I plugged in the 120v charger and put my large floor fan to move air under the vehicle. I will take another reading in the am
When charging at higher temperatures, didn't your AC compressor start working? Mine does when charging when it is hot, I noticed occasionally.

Munro Live recent video on the BMW i3. Was particularly interested in the cooling rail in the battery pack. The channels look really small. Wondering how large metal fragments could get inside. Obviously any metal is not good for blocking the channels but am wondering how common that would be. Maybe replacing it is a prudent precaution. They go over the batteries and tires. I hate when I hear people say how ugly our vehicles are. I just love it.

Back