SlashGear's "Here's Why The BMW i3 Was Discontinued"

BMW i3 Forum

Help Support BMW i3 Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Since we live in the City, the i3 is perfect for us. I wish someone would make an EV similar. I know there will be other new vehicles in the future but I think this vehicle is just great. Would buy another one in two seconds flat.
I know that it is an old thread but,
Mazda MX-30 EV with an range extender and suicide doors.

In a way it looks like a remake. I saw a YouTube review and was a bit disappointed.

The car feels like it was made for older people, new to EV.
Like the i3, getting in an out of the front seats seems to be great those of us that are has back problems.
The car is reasonable priced where I live (Denmark, EU).
It got good remarks for its handling.
I looked into the the trim levels and interior design and seriously disappointed (personal taste). All trim leves are extreamly conservative in looks. The gear selector is placed between the seats, which I consider unnessesary and waste a lot of good space.
All in all it looks like it is targeting elderly, conservative and first time EV users.

They already discontinued Mazda MX-30 sales in the US. Not sure whether they stopped making it. But it also isn’t really a replacement for the i3 - no lightweight/efficient engineering/packaging. The MX-30 was/is (?) just a gas car with an electric drive train. Sales numbers were abysmal in the US.

Back