One year owner and love it!

BMW i3 Forum

Help Support BMW i3 Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Hi everyone. I’ve been following this group for a year and absorbing as much as I can. I’m amazed at the technical prowess of the moderators, AlohaArt, Evanstoni3 (?) and others. It’s quite a diverse and intelligent group.

I’d been following the i3 for a few years, and it finally grew on me. After researching, doing the trades of what options I wanted and didn’t, and looking coast to coast I finally found a gem in my own back yard of Colorado: a 2018 i3s BEV with leather languishing at a Subaru dealer. No sunroof (love the CRP), no HK or big screen 😞, so arguably one of the lightest and quickest i3’s sold. I bought it with 42K and I’m a little over 50 now and it’s been trouble free. Threw some Blizzaks on it (OEM 18” square set up with spacers) last winter and it was a monster in the white fluffy stuff.

Couldn’t be happier with it. It’s getting >120 miles estimated over the summer and ~100 in the winter with the heat pump cranking. (I, too, miss not having a heated steering wheel.) It’s driven nearly every day locally, plugged in at 40% capacity, and I even make excuses to pull it out of the garage for a spin just because. As a 30+ year BMW CCA and PCA member I’ve had the privilege of owning some wonderful cars, and this one generates a smile nearly as big as an M car or 911, at a fraction of the acquisition and maintenance cost!

I enjoy hearing everyone’s stories, questions, and comments. This is a fun forum for i3 enthusiasts. It’s auch an undervalued automobile. Perhaps just ahead of its time?

Cheers!

Attachments

• IMG_1729.jpeg
    IMG_1729.jpeg
    4.6 MB
  • IMG_2028.jpeg
    IMG_2028.jpeg
    2.4 MB
Back