New here with two i3

BMW i3 Forum

Help Support BMW i3 Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

RP67

Hi to All from New Zealand, a few months ago I purchased a 2017, 94Ah BEV and I like it pretty much. I was looking for parts to replace the factory small media screen, when a 2014 rex came across, with some charging issue (no ac charging, dc and rex only) and top of that the car is in pieces as the owner was not interested to spend anymore on it. It was in a price range what I could not resist, so I have a second car, and a dilemma to assemble the car and use it as it is, try to sort out the charging issue, or simply grab the parts I like and sell the rest... I'm searching for answers on the forum already, and I'll be asking questions I guess to see which way I should go... Thanks for having me in the group.

Attachments

• 20240731_080023.jpg
    20240731_080023.jpg
    2.3 MB · Views: 0
Yes, I saw this while I was researching for possible causes, before I get the car. It's quite possible, thanks for pointing out, even though I received two service report with the car, one was suggesting to replace EME and the electric motor (official BMW service), but they would not offer this repair... (???) and another one from an independent garage, they pointed to the home charger incompatibility, than they removed the EME (you know ho much work involved to do that) and they find a hot spot on the board which is responsible for all charge control (DC-DC, AC-DC). So I have to make the car work again to assess it myself...

Back