Vehicle For Sale May be selling loaded 2021 Galvanic Gold (non-S)

BMW i3 Forum

Help Support BMW i3 Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Vehicle For Sale

nullstadt

Hello everyone…trying to take the temperature of the market here, as I’m likely going to sell my 2021 Galvanic Gold i3 REX, in the Phoenix area. Moved from my house to an apartment and having to commercially charge all the time is more of a hassle than I’m willing to put up with.

Car has 23xxx miles, with 19”s (upsized to 175s up front with stock 5”/5.5” 429 wheels and 15mm spacers all around), sunroof, Giga interior, Harman/Kardon w/Alpine subwoofer professionally wired in hatch. Also have DashCam wiring installed behind OEM camera using Dongar Tech dongle.

Purchased 7yr/75k BMW warranty good through April 2038, I *assume* is transferable (on you to check).

Front tires are brand new, one rear is year old and other is probably near replacement. OEM 12v battery less than year old. Big battery seems in fine shape, though I don’t have the secret code reading from front display. Guess-o-meter has shown as high as 240 mile total range.

Interior is spotless, and has HSOC enabled on button 8, along with Rolls Royce chimes <grin>. Exterior has slight horizontal scratches on driver rear quarter (bought it that way; have touch-up paint, just have to find it after moving), and two wheels do have some scratches (I may get these fixed, depending on $).

Ceramic tint all around (to include sunroof), and car appears to have 3M Crystalline on windshield, else BMW makes the worst glass I’ve ever seen. One SafeLite-repaired stone hit on lower passenger windshield.

Last serviced April 2024 (oil change), brake fluid change due in April 2025. I have two new cabin filters ready to go in.

That’s all I can think of off top of head…all reasonable offers and comments/questions considered. Thanks for reading!

along with Rolls Royce chimes <grin>.
What are these? My guess is that they replace the standard BONG that I get every time I sit down, and if they sound better, I would like to know about them.
The. The Dongar dash cam adapter plug is still on backorder.

If the BMW BONG can be changed, can the Pedestrian alert sound be changed to something else? That would be neat as well.

I can see a whole market for Pedestrian alert sound clips, similar to the ring tones on cell phones. they would have to be set so they got louder as your speed increased or have the arrangement crescendo in some way
https://www.zedge.net/ringtones/b0215579-755d-3808-bdfe-d37f584e6a87
or
https://www.zedge.net/ringtones/74694990-05d8-404d-8ed6-e457f8134ad1
or
https://www.zedge.net/ringtones/02aa8640-3319-4e98-b0e7-55fa330d5ac5

Your guess is correct, it’s the bongs, chimes and alerts the car makes. You need the BimmerCode app and a Bluetooth OBDII adapter to code it to the car. I believe you can also program Mini sounds as well. You can also change the splash screens to show different logos.

The Dongar dongle plug might be available other places than Dongar…I think it’s actually a Porsche adapter.

The pedestrian alert can be turned on/off, but cannot be changed to my knowledge. I will leave it to others to discuss the wisdom of messing with it.

My REx brother! Yours escaped Hawaiʻi without my knowledge, but I don't need a REx here and don't want a moonroof in our strong, tropical sunlight. Fortunately, I found my ideal golden boy in San Diego and shipped it to Honolulu. Some lucky person has an opportunity to buy yours. Good luck!

Ah yes, my brother from a different mother! I will say I’ve found the REx handy, if only to extend normal range…I’ve driven it across the desert from PHX to LA and back a few times, and knowing it’s there when hopscotching between the few chargers on the route has always made me feel better. I also tinted the sunroof, for what that’s worth.

I was glad to see when you found yours, as Hawai’i deserves at least one ray of golden sunshine on skinny tires running around the islands! Thanks for the good word!

Ah yes, my brother from a different mother! I will say I’ve found the REx handy, if only to extend normal range…I’ve driven it across the desert from PHX to LA and back a few times, and knowing it’s there when hopscotching between the few chargers on the route has always made me feel better.
Circumnavigating Oʻahu is only 100 miles, so a REx would rarely be used for those who can charge where they park overnight.
I also tinted the sunroof, for what that’s worth.
That would certainly reject some IR radiation.

Several i3 owners have reported cracked moonroof frames which cannot be replaced easily and would be quite expensive. These cracks leak rainwater into the cabin. The moonroof seals can also eventually leak rainwater. The motor mechanism is another point of failure. With the accompanying aluminum roof, a moonroof adds considerable weight high up which isn't ideal. For me, there are just too many negatives.

I've never owned a vehicle with a {sun/moon}roof although I've owned convertibles and a car with a removable roof panel. Maybe I would appreciate a moonroof if I had one.
I was glad to see when you found yours, as Hawai’i deserves at least one ray of golden sunshine on skinny tires running around the islands!
I've seen 2 golden Mega World i3's and one golden i3S in Honolulu, so there are others about.

Tempted.

I've got family in Pinetop/Lakeside White Mountains, and without the REx you can't get there from here. My 2014 BEV, love it, but trying to keep my hands off the retirement savings etc when a slick ride like yours comes up.

I hear you and respect your decision…am dipping into my savings a bit to pay off the loan and have a decent down for the replacement.

Latest posts

Back