Latest software update for 2019 i3 BEV

BMW i3 Forum

Help Support BMW i3 Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

BroPro

Hi all, just wondering where I can download the latest update that is compatible with 2019 model. BMW confirmed my current version is iDrive 5 and need to take it to the dealer. Checked the bmw website for download but nothing is there. BMW chat assistance also said the website download has been out of service. Would be nice if anyone knows where to download it. Currently cabin heating is not working. I hope software update might fix it. Had the car for a month and the cabin heater doesn’t work unless it’s plugged in on charge and set the pre departure climatization.

I doubt a software update will fix your heating problem - that's a pretty basic function, and I don't recall it being referred to as a common software-related issue. If you normally run in Eco Pro mode, the cabin heating does seem to be scaled back a bit to conserve power. Otherwise the cabin heating element itself is a well-known problem area (and people have reported that initially it can be intermittent). If that's what has happened to yours, the only solution is to replace the heating element assembly. But IIRC it should generate an obvious, unambiguous fault code when the car's diagnostic data are scanned.

Hi all, just wondering where I can download the latest update that is compatible with 2019 model. BMW confirmed my current version is iDrive 5 and need to take it to the dealer. Checked the bmw website for download but nothing is there. BMW chat assistance also said the website download has been out of service. Would be nice if anyone knows where to download it. Currently cabin heating is not working. I hope software update might fix it. Had the car for a month and the cabin heater doesn’t work unless it’s plugged in on charge and set the pre departure climatization.
The owner-installable software that has been available on BMW's Website is phone and media software only. This software is included in system software updates (a.k.a., integration level increases), so any software available for owner download is frequently not newer than what's already installed.

You'll need to ask a BMW dealer to increase the integration level (i.e., update the system software). U.S. dealers almost always charge for an integration level increase unless it's associated with a recall or BMW service action under warranty.

Back