How to delete warning failure for the acoustics pedestrian message?

BMW i3 Forum

Help Support BMW i3 Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

LuckyEV2023

Hi, everyone!

I had to service my BMW because of this message warning failure for the acoustics pedestrian. It seems it is caused by the external speaker. I want to find a way to remove the warning message without needing to replace the speaker (unexpectedly expensive). I have Bimmer code and Bimmer link, but I just can't get rid of this warning. Any thoughts, please?

Is it fair to assume that you don't have any way to turn off the pedestrian warning alert from within iDrive?

You don't say where you are and what year the car is, and the problem is that you may be in a situation where you will be driving the car illegally - because in some countries, the warning sound is a mandatory requirement for vehicles younger than a certain age. The expense of a new speaker assembly may pale into insignificance, compared with the cost of medical care for someone that you injure with your car (which may not be covered by insurance if the car is modified).

One further thought - have you investigated the electrical connector adjacent to the sounder? It's very common for failures in comms between modules to be caused by corrosion in the connectors.

Back