Hi, I'm new Member

BMW i3 Forum

Help Support BMW i3 Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

MikeD-I3

Hello Everyone,
I just purchased a used 2018 I3 Rex and had leased a 2015 I3 Rex back in the day which on a good day had a total range of 125 miles!
My 2018 I3 has a range of 180 total miles
I still had my home level 2 charger in place that is working great!
So far, I have put 2,000 miles on the car and as of today still verry happy with my purchase
I coded My 2015 I3 Rex for the Battery Hold State option below 75%
Except on my 2018 Rex the Bimmer software show the Head unit is not in the original state
Has anyone else run into this problem?
I could go to the Dealer and ask them to reset the unit to its original state

That's all

Everyone be safe and have a nice day!

Mike

Except on my 2018 Rex the Bimmer software show the Head unit is not in the original state
Has anyone else run into this problem?
I've not heard of this problem despite having coded 2 i3's over more than 6 years. The Head Units of both certainly weren't in their original state after the many changes that I made.

Be sure that your BimmerCode version is the latest. When I opened BimmerCode today, a new version of its coding data was available for a free download. If the version is older than the system software on your i3, incompatibilities similar to what you're experiencing might occur.

Be sure that in BimmerCode's settings "Ignore headunit" is disabled if your i3 doesn't include a 3rd-party device that enables Apple CarPlay. However, if such a device has been installed on your i3, coding the Head Unit might not be possible.

If that doesn't solve your problem, send a message to the BimmerCode developer explaining your problem using the "Support request" choice in settings. He has been very responsive in the past.

Back