Help?? My car is doing nothing!

BMW i3 Forum

Help Support BMW i3 Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Bebe2

Greetings! I need help! I drove my 2014 BMW I3 today with no problem. I get out the car. Go in the building for 15 minutes, I come back outside and the mirrors were still folded in like the car was lock. I hit my FOB to unlock my car, nothing. I grab the handle and the door was unlocked. Get in the car and everything was black, no power no lights. Please help me!

You can open the car using the spare key that is integrated in your fob, and the lock is behind the plastic door handle. In your case, that action was not needed. Then open the frunk, there is also a emergency system to open the frunk. Then check the voltage on the 12v battery under the frunk lid. It may be that your battery just died and you need a replacement. Do not try to jumpstart the battery though when it is empty unless it is disconnected from the car, you may damage the DC-converter.

Thank you! I read about the batteries giving a warning before they die. I didn’t feel or see any warnings. If it’s just the battery, I can breathe a little.

Also, changing the battery is super easy. Search YouTube there's some great channels that show in detail what to do

Back